Lucas on Campus families,
This past Friday, March 29, 2019, two of the LOC Board members met with Superintendent Murley. It was an encouraging meeting. Here was the outcome:
- Mr. Murley stated that the decision to terminate the contract of LOC was based on a report done by district employees. It became very evident during the meeting that due process had not been followed, even though the report stated it had. We have requested a copy of this report, and will receive one once they have removed personally identifiable information.
- Due to the fact it seems not all information was correct in the report and due process was not followed, Assistant Superintendent Amy Kortmeyer will be conducting a new investigation this week of all sources, including LOC.
- Once the process is done, LOC board members will meet with Mr. Murley again, and may be able to find corrective actions if issues are found.
- Mr. Murley will be attending the PTO meeting on April 8 at 7:00 PM to discuss this (in addition to other Lucas concerns)
- This item is also on the School Board Agenda on April 23, 2019 at 6:00 PM
- Because of the uncertainty at this point, the district April 1st deadline to inform parents about the 2019-2020 school year has been put on hold this week pending the outcome of the investigation.