After our meeting with Superintendent Murley last week, we were encouraged, since it appeared the RFP would be paused while an investigation would occur this week. However, the RFP was published and sent to media sources on Monday, while the LOC board was contacted regarding the investigation on Wednesday.
As it stands now, the investigation is set to be concluded by April 26, the same day proposals are due for the RFP.
We will submit a proposal for the RFP, with the timeline as follows:
- April 10 – questions are due regarding the RFP process to Joan Vanden Berg. If you do submit questions, we would appreciate if responses were forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 12 – responses to written questions will be provided
- April 26 – proposals are due
- April 29-May 1 – proposals reviewed and scored by District team (we are uncertain who is involved)
- May 2 – applicants are notified
As a reminder, if you’d like to be part of the parent involvement for the RFP, please email Dr. Jenkins.
Regarding the investigation, other than the email on Wednesday, we have not heard anything else about the process. On Wednesday, we requested all documentation to date, including copy of the report the termination decision was based on. Today (April 5) we were informed we will receive a copy by April 12.
Other notable dates:
- April 8, 7:00 PM – PTO Meeting. Superintendent Murley will be in attendance
- April 23, 6:00 PM – School Board Meeting – LOC is on the agenda